Saturday, June 27, 2009

While everyone's mourning Michael Jackson's death I'm focusing on MY life...

While everyone is still mourning the death of a man they likely have never met or interacted with, I'm thinking about the things that will affect my life and the life of my family. If my husband and I die, who'll take care of our child? Putting things in place is very important for me. Unfortunately not for my neighbor who felt the need to play the Thriller album over and over in the middle of the night. 

My husband rather not think about death and legal guardians but I think about it all of the time. It's far better to have legal papers drawn than to leave things to chance. I would come back from the dead before I'd let our child be raised by my sister in law (she's a marijuana smoker who works at a fast food restaurant) or my sister who I can't stand (she can't stand me either so at least we agree on something).  My brothers and my husbands brothers are no prizes either. Let's put it this way...I'd sooner go to hell and wreak havoc from there than to let many of my family and husbands family have anything to do with the upbringing of my child. I hope we both live for a long time but just in case we don't, I pray that we live until our daughter is in a position to care for herself emotionally and financially. She'd be better off raised by wolves than some of the folks we know.




No comments:

Post a Comment